Stockholm Liver Week will become Sweden Liver Week in 2019!
In a collaboration between Karolinska University Hospital in Stockholm and Sahlgrenska University Hospital in Göteborg, the annual Liver Week will be transformed to a joint national meeting: the Sweden Liver Week.
We are delighted to invite you to the 1st Annual Sweden Liver Week, on February 6-8, 2019, in Stockholm. Sweden Liver Week will be an annual, multidisciplinary, 3-day Liver Meeting with focus on clinical hepatology and with a touch of basic science.
We are confident that our meeting will provide fruitful information for all physicians, researchers and health care personnel interested in liver diseases.
The program encompasses medical, surgical and diagnostic aspects of clinical hepatology, considering both adult and pediatric patients. The organizing committee comprises members from various departments: adult and pediatric hepatology, transplant and hepatobiliary surgery, anesthesiology and infectious diseases, from both Karolinska and Sahlgrenska University Hospitals. The official language is English, with invited international and national experts as speakers. A parallel program is arranged by and for nurses in Swedish.
Parallel to the main program on Wednesday through Friday, two half day sessions are arranged in Swedish by and for nurses.
The Liver Week will start on Wednesday until Friday. Program 2019
Topics during the 2019 meeting:
- Alcohol-induced liver disease, ASH vs. NASH
- Acute-on-Chronic liver Failure – case discussions
- Viral hepatitis – past, present and future perspectives
- Hepatitis B prophylaxis after liver transplantation – how and when?
- Early Recovery Program after liver transplantation
- Hepatitis C-positive donors – can they be used?
- Portomesenteric thrombosis and transplantation
- HCV-eradication in HCC patients before transplantation
- HBV-prophylaxis after transplantation?
- Surgery and oncological treatment of breast cancer liver metastases
- Treatment of neuroendocrine liver metastases
- Wilson´s disease and AIH in children
- Pediatric workshop
- Basic science workshop (Liver Academy)
- Nurse’s programme (in Swedish)
Very welcome to join us in Stockholm in February 2019!
Angelica Larsson Nyberg